Half-Day Budapest Private Tour with a Treat
Dive deep below the multiple layers of Budapest with our Fungarian team and this half-day Budapest tour. Explore the past as well as the present developments of this dynamic and ever-changing city. Enjoy and experience Budapest as locals see it and gain a deeper understanding of both laid-back Buda and vibrant Pest.
This unique private tour goes far beyond ordinary sightseeing. While enjoying its most beautiful and iconic buildings and landmarks you’ll also get to see offbeat places and learn about the little secrets of both (ancient) Buda and (modern) Pest. Spending these hours with us will be all about experiencing the true spirit and seeing the city through the eyes of the locals.
By using Budapest’s excellent public transportation throughout the tour (including the first underground in continental Europe!) you’ll experience the city’s daily buzz first-hand. We’ll also treat you to a coffee or soft drink of your choice in one of Budapest’s authentic cafés so that you can contemplate, discuss and ask any questions you might have about Hungary, Budapest and its people. We always prefer dialogues and flexibility over monologues and rigid structures so that the whole tour will be shaped by conversation and your personal preferences and interests.
- Learning the story and atmosphere of the city through the eyes of locals
- Seeing the most iconic and beautiful landmarks of Budapest including their background and stories to tell
- Understanding the omnipresence of 1,000 years of Hungarian history wherever you look (be it a building, a square, a statue or a simple street sign)
- Getting to know Budapest’s unique coffeehouse-culture at a particularly local café
- Getting enriched by our philosophy of an unorthodox sightseeing: WALK – SEE – TALK – DRINK
- Optional: Lunching in a traditional Hungarian restaurant with red’n’white chequered tablecloths that is frequented by long-established Budapestians
What You Can Expect
After picking you up at your hotel we’ll first go to a panoramic viewpoint of the city from where you’ll enjoy the breath-taking sight of Buda and Pest from above. Besides the view, this point serves also for your future orientation and will help you navigate Budapest later on by yourself.
From there we’ll continue towards Budapest’s most iconic squares using both our feet and public transportation.
After our coffee break at a local café where we can elaborately discuss every thought and question you might have so far, it’s time for Budapest’s most delicate pieces of architecture. We’ll show you beautiful buildings from the turn of the century, including stunning pieces of art nouveau and eclectic wonders reminding us of the city’s “golden age”.
Additionally, we’ll introduce you to the city’s Jewish district including its tragic past but also its recent development to the most vibrant, energetic and lively neighbourhood.
At the end, we’ll take all the time to answer your remaining questions and are happy to give you any further advice on what else to see, do, eat, drink and experience in Budapest.
Typical itinerary (Routes may vary according to the pickup point)
- Main Market Hall visit
- Széchenyi Square and Chain Bridge including the Buda Castle Panorama
- Parliament and surroundings
- Postal Savings Bank (Art Nouveau)
- St Stephen’s Basilica
- Jewish District, the Great Synagogue and its history
What is Included?
- 4 full hours of walking, talking, learning and diving deep below Budapest’s surface
- a one-day public transport pass per person
- a coffee or soft drink of your choice
Optional: lunch at a traditional Hungarian lunch-place (get ready for the chequered tablecloth!) for an additional +20 €/person